Fairly OddParents - "Goldie-Crocks and the Three Fair Bears" Review

Fairly OddParents came to an end recently at ten seasons, and I decided why not review the whole series. I was originally going to do SpongeBob, but everyone says the same thing about one episode alot of times. I want to be ORIGINAL, do episodes nobody has talked about before at least once in a while. I've never seen people touch on FOP Season 10, the only exception would be Chloe's first appearance.

Nobody cared about FOP anymore to talk about it that much, so I'm here to review the whole series BACKWARDS, the two episodes I'm reviewing are the final episodes of the show. Let's start with this one which is the second to last episode of the show:

If you don't know who the Fair Bears are by the way, they were characters introduced in S10 and I knew nothing about them until I looked into FOP again so... yeah.

This episode starts with Timmy's dad talking about earning another Squirrely Scout badge by surviving in the most dangerous part of Dimmsdale National Forest. Then there's a stupid joke and apparently Timmy's dad didn't bring camping supplies OR food cause the scouts have to "live off the land". Timmy's dad then decides to leave the scouts by themselves and go hunt for club sandwiches in the forest cause HURR DE DURR Timmy's dad is stupid. So Chloe makes "bark jerky" which is tree bark shaped like beef jerky, of course. And then Cosmo and Wanda as squirrels are eating Italian food in a tree which I'm assuming they brought on the trip with them..? So then Timmy wishes for a tent with all kinds of good stuff like an all-you-can-eat buffet somewhere else in the forest.

Y'know, that's a small thing about FOP Season 10 I like, Timmy wishes for stuff that would match his personality in the earlier seasons. "The Big Fairy Share Scare", the Season 10 premiere, had Timmy acting SO out-of-character and selfish, so that's an exception but I do like that the writers at least kept his personality in some episodes.

Then Timmy's dad smells food in a cabin, and this is where we meet Mr. Crocker dressed like a girl and The Fair Bears sitting at a table. Here's the thing about the episode though: They never explain how Crocker got to meet the Fair Bears! Yes, the blue Fair Bear said they brought them to his mother's cabin, but when did Mr. Crocker MEET them? So apparently Mr. Crocker just wanted them so he could put on a play called "Goldie-Crocks and the Three Bears". And there's a moment I actually like. The writers make a reference to Smokey with Mr. Crocker saying "The only other job you'd be qualified to do is do PSAs about forestfires!" I actually did chuckle at that, I don't know why but it was just a cool reference. Then Mr. Crocker's "fairy meter" goes off and of course he wants to capture them. After him and the Fair Bears leave, Timmy's dad comes in looking for the food. And he tastes the porridge the Fair Bears left behind but they're all, just like the fairy tale, cooked in a way where you don't taste it normally, either too hot too cold and blah blah blah you get the point.

We cut back to the scouts where Chloe brings out "dessert" which is bark jerky sweetened with tree sap. Then we cut to Timmy in his tent in the hot tub and Chloe comes in because she smelled aroma waves. Chloe is upset because Timmy is cheating to get his badge, so she asks Cosmo and Wanda to poof all the good stuff away. Then she wishes Cosmo and Wanda have no magic for the rest of the day, cause of course that's gonna lead to a problem. And, of course, Crocker's fairy meter turns off because there's no magic.

Mr Crocker then hears Timmy's dad in the cabin. So Timmy doesn't have magic to help his dad, I told you it was gonna lead to a problem! Then The Fair Bears try to attack Timmy's dad and Timmy and Chloe come in at just the right time. The Fair Bears say they only eat people if they're seasoned, so Mr. Crocker PREHEATS THE OVEN. I get Mr. Crocker is evil, but he's not THAT evil.

So Chloe says midnight is in a few seconds, so the fairies can use their magic again since the day's technically over by then. That is a pretty lazy solution to a problem in the episode actually. And then Timmy fights off the Fair Bears and Mr. Crocker and the clock chimes midnight. The episode ends with Timmy wishing for real bears at the play instead of the Fair Bears.


There's one big problem about this episode: the story is all over the place. It went from a scout/badge-earning plot to a fairy tale thing. There's also multiple characters doing multiple things at one time, Timmy in the tent, Timmy's dad looking for food etc. I also pointed out the lame solution at the end. If they went for an actual storybook plot, it could've been better.

Overall, this is a Meh: 5.5/10.

Comments